We are hiring! ITIC Account Executive
Working Arrangements: Monday to Friday, 09:30 – 17:30
Thomas Miller is an international provider of market-leading insurance services. ITIC, managed by Thomas Miller, is the world’s leading provider of professional indemnity insurance for businesses who provide services to the transport industry.
We are looking for a driven, energetic individual to take this role and make it their own, within a successful environment.
Overall Objective of Role:
To deliver professional, efficient and high quality underwriting and claims handling to ITIC members and brokers.
- Underwrite allocated accounts and geographical regions
- Negotiate renewals and new business.
- Develop long-term relationships with insurance brokers, members and lawyers in the regions for which you are responsible.
- Provide claims handling services involving all of the insured services covered by ITIC, including marine, rail and aviation risks.
- Deliver advice appropriate to the member’s business needs.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of the regions for which you are responsible, including potential new business, geography, politics and major issues.
- Write new material for ITIC and industry publications.
- Travel to the regions for which you are responsible.
- Up to 3 years working in a claims handling role with a marine or transport insurer.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- A second language would be an advantage.
- Ability to develop good working relationships across all levels of seniority.
- Able to operate effectively within a team environment.
- A strong personal drive to succeed.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Effective at working under pressure and balancing competing workload demands.