Vacancy: Team Secretary
Reports to: General Manager
Hours: Part –Time, 21 – 28 hours (working pattern to be discussed), permanent
The Thomas Miller Group is an international provider of market-leading insurance services.
Founded in 1885, Thomas Miller’s origins are in the provision of management services to mutual organisations, particularly in the international transport and professional indemnity sectors, where today they manage a large percentage of the foremost insurance mutuals. Increasingly Thomas Miller applies its knowledge and expertise to the development of specialist businesses.
ITIC is the world’s leading provider of professional indemnity (PI) insurance for businesses who provide services to the transport industry. ITIC has been protecting companies in the marine market since 1925, but since 2000 has also been able to offer PI insurance to those in the wider transport markets of rail, aviation and offshore.
Overall Objective of Role
To deliver a professional, efficient and high quality secretarial and administrative support service to the business.
- Answering basic email correspondence
- Arranging meeting via electronic diary/liaison with reception/catering
- Assisting in organising corporate functions
- Typing:agendas, minutes of meetings and articles for publication presentation and corporate materials using PowerPoint/Excel/Word executive trip notes on ITIC Contact Database
- Answering the telephone and dealing with enquiries where appropriate, taking messages and referring to the correct team member as required
- Diary management for executives (claims/provisional members)
- Collation of marketing material for posting
- Distribution of incoming faxes/post
- Generating draft endorsements/policy documents
- Maintaining contact details of members/brokers/lawyers etc. on internal system
- Monitoring and manual referencing of e-mails on internal system
- Administration of provisional member files and Claims file on internal system
- Preparation and serving refreshments for small informal meetings, meeting and greeting visitors as required
- Administration of archived filers in storage
- Ad hoc administration duties as required.
- Previous secretarial or administrative experience in an office environment is essential
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A positive and can do attitude
- Strong organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include details of your current salary and notice period.