Vacancy: Account Executive
Reports to: General Manager
Hours: Full Time, 35 hours Mon - Fri
The Thomas Miller Group is an international provider of market-leading insurance services.
Founded in 1885, Thomas Miller’s origins are in the provision of management services to mutual organisations, particularly in the international transport and professional indemnity sectors, where today they manage a large percentage of the foremost insurance mutuals. Increasingly Thomas Miller applies its knowledge and expertise to the development of specialist businesses.
ITIC is the world’s leading provider of professional indemnity (PI) insurance for businesses who provide services to the transport industry. ITIC has been protecting companies in the marine market since 1925, but since 2000 has also been able to offer PI insurance to those in the wider transport markets of rail, aviation and offshore.
We are looking for a driven, energetic individual to take this role and make it their own, within a successful environment. We are looking for candidates of all levels of experience and so you could be looking for a trainee role or an established next step in your career.
Overall Objective of Role
To deliver a professional, efficient and high quality claims handling, underwriting and marketing service to ITIC members and brokers and, to promote and sell ITIC products and services to prospective members.
Underwriting (under supervision if appropriate)
- Underwriting responsibility for allocated accounts
- Liaising competently with insurance brokers and members
- Developing relationships with brokers and members
- Ability to underwrite competently all insured risks covered by ITIC.
Claims Handling (under supervision if appropriate)
- Provide efficient, cost effective claims handling services
- Be able to handle claims involving all of the insured services provided by ITIC
- Ability to deliver specific and general advice appropriate to the member’s business needs
- Ensure productive relationships in contact with members so as to maintain a culture of approachability, ease of use and positive sympathetic attitude.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of the areas for which you are responsible, including geography, politics and major issues
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of ITIC’s customer base in areas for which you are responsible, with particular reference to potential members
- External relations. Ability to develop long-term relationships with members, business producers, correspondents and lawyers in the areas for which you are responsible
- Internal relations. Demonstrate ability to network within Thomas Miller, to exchange relevant information and secure contribution towards optimum results.
- Previous relevant experience in an underwriting / claims role for Account Executive level. Or previous experience in a customer facing office environment for a trainee level
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to travel within the UK and overseas to visit members, brokers and potential members
- Foreign Language skills would be an advantage, but are not vital to this role.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include details of your current salary and notice period.