Offshore surveyors now offer services to diverse sectors
These can include the laying of pipelines and transoceanic telecommunications cables, wind farms and environmental agencies. In the oil and gas sector, surveying and positioning is required prior to the installation, moving or decommissioning of offshore structures, and before the installation and regular structural inspection of subsea pipelines, wellheads and production platforms.
ITIC’s comprehensive professional indemnity insurance is applicable to a wide range of surveys, such as:
- Aerial and laser imaging
- Wave measurement and analysis
- Meteorological and oceanographic
- Marine ecology
ITIC has wide experience in assisting its offshore and hydrographic surveyors in minimising the financial impact arising from such mistakes as:
- errors in survey data set due to a mistake of the surveyor;
- failure to update a chart when new information is available;
- failure to conduct a harbour survey correctly, causing the grounding of a vessel;
- producing a chart with an incorrectly marked rock.
Is your business ready for the ‘worst case’ scenario?
Any offshore professional will face day-to-day exposure to risk, but will be able to rely on ITIC to help reduce any potential hazards