We are hiring! ITIC Legal Advisor
We are looking for a dedicated and energetic Legal Advisor, who is qualified as a lawyer to practise in England and Wales. For more information please see the attached job sepcification.
Reports to: Claims Director
Working Arrangements: Monday to Friday, 09:30 – 17:30
Thomas Miller is an international provider of market-leading insurance services. ITIC, managed by Thomas Miller, is the world’s leading provider of professional indemnity insurance for businesses who provide services to the transport industry.
We are looking for a driven, energetic individual to take this role and make it their own, within a successful environment.
Overall Objective of Role:
To deliver a professional, efficient and high quality claims handling service to ITIC members and brokers.
- Provide efficient, cost effective claims handling services involving all of the insured services covered by ITIC, including marine, rail and aviation risks.
- Deliver specific and general advice appropriate to the member’s business needs.
- Handle large or complex cases and, in particular, those that may impact ITIC’s reinsurance programme and/or those cases that are difficult to estimate accurately and are likely to be expensive.
- Manage relationships with external lawyers and other suppliers.
- Assist account executives with their claims handling.
- Assist account executives with developing ad hoc policy wordings as required.
- Ensure productive relationships with members and insurance brokers approach to claims handling.
- Deputise for Claims Director at team meetings.
- Conduct training both at claims team meetings and specially arranged sessions.
- Provide back up for claims administration.
- Produce loss prevention and guidance materials and seminars for both internal and external audiences.
- Assist the Claims Director with a review of the ITIC Rules as and when required.
- Qualified as a lawyer to practise in England and Wales
- Minimum 3 years post qualification experience, either at a law firm or in-house, ideally with a professional services/professional negligence or transport focus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to develop good working relationships across all levels of seniority.
- Able to operate effectively within a team environment and to demonstrate leadership when required.
- A strong personal drive to succeed.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Effective at working under pressure and balancing competing workload demands.
Legal Advisor Job Specification (42 kB)