After graduating in Law at London School of Economics (LSE) Stuart joined Thomas Miller as a Claims Executive for the UK P&I Club in 1985. In 1990 he joined the managers of TIM, one of ITIC's predecessors, and is currently the Club Manager and is therefore responsible for the running of the ITIC to the Board of Directors and the membership as a whole.
- Law Graduate at LSE (LLB).
- Prior to his current role as Club Manager, Stuart had been the Underwriting Director, General Manager and Marketing Manager of ITIC.
- Shipmanagement Contracts - Stuart was part of the BIMCO Shipman revision committee which finalised the latest BIMCO Shipman 2009 contract.
- Apart from Club Management responsibilities, Stuart is also the area executive for Hong Kong, Japan and Monaco.
- Stuart has spoken at many loss prevention seminars, shipmanagement conferences as well as to the Baltic Exchange and to ICS branches worldwide.