Melanie joined ITIM in January 2011 after having worked as a Senior PI Broker for 4 years for a national broker in the North West. Prior to working as a PI broker, Melanie worked as a European Claims Handler for a major insurer.
- As a broker, Melanie dealt with a wide range of PI enquiries from regulated professions to design and construct professionals, IT professionals and a host of miscellaneous risks.
- As a European Claims Hander, Melanie worked as part of a small team which acted as a UK handling agent for a large number of European – based insurers and worked in both English and French, handling claims under different EU jurisdictions.
- She has a 2:1 degree in French Studies from the University of Nottingham and also has a command of Spanish.
- Melanie lived and worked in France for a year and is ITIC's area Executive for France.
- In 2010, Melanie was named the North West and East Pennine Region Young Broker of the year.
- Melanie will be starting to study for her entrance exams for the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers in September 2011.